Monday, January 11, 2010

Holiday Festivities

Shaking presents

A wet and cold buggy ride, but so much fun!
Aubrie, Kaitlyn, and Grayson making snowflake ornaments


Hangin' with Grandad

We had the opportunity to do a lot of fun things during the Christmas Holidays this year. As Grayson grows, Christmas gets more and more fun. Their first Christmas the parents are more excited about Christmas than they are. They see Christmas as any other day except their naps and schedule are totally interrupted. The next year parents spend a ton of money on presents the kids barely even know are in the room; they would much rather play with the boxes, wrapping paper, and bows. The next year is finally when they realize that life is good at Christmas time! The first three pictures are from Grayson's Christmas with Santa Party at his preschool. We invited our friends, the McCarter's, to join us for the festivities. We enjoyed crafts, yummy snacks, an old fashioned buggy ride, carolers, storytelling, and seeing Santa asleep in his bed. The parent volunteers did an awesome job of creating Santa's bedroom and even engineered him snoring. Grayson along with all the other kids thought this was the best part of the whole day. We had to make several trips back to Santa's room to make sure he was still asleep and in his bed. Christmas is truly magical through children's eyes!
The last picture in this group was so adorable that I had to include it. My dad spends a lot of his time watching tv, reading and working crossword or sudoku puzzles, so Grayson wanted to get in on the excitement. Clint had to travel to South Dakota for business before Christmas, so Grayson, Max, and I headed to Bogata for some spoiling. For some reason, I'm still my parents baby the minute I walk in their house. I went to the back of their house for some reason and this is how I found my dad and Grayson. Grayson was reading the paper to my dad and my dad was intently listening. It was one of those precious moments that just melts your heart. I love my family so much that any moment that includes Grayson and one of them is priceless.


No comments: