Friday, January 9, 2009

Dad's 75th Birthday

Dad visiting with his favorite daughter-in-law, Gail, and oldest grandson, Lance
Dad listening intently to stories about him

My sister, Sherrie, running the show

Friends from Bogata



Wasn't he handsome?

We (my mom, my brother and sister-in-law, my sister and brother-in-law, and Clint and I)hosted a 75th birthday party for my dad on December 20th at LACOC. It was a surprise party, and he said he was truly surprised! All of his family along with co-workers, past co-workers, and friends attended. Each guest was asked to introduce themselves, exlain their relationship with my dad, and tell a funny or memorable story about him. My sister-in-law, Gail, put together a great slide show portraying the life of my dad. It was funny and touching. My brother gave a heartfelt speech about my dad saying that he was his true hero. It was so sweet and made everyone tear up. Everyone had a wonderful time.




1 comment:

Molly Woodall said...

Awwww what a handsome dude your daddy was! And how sweet of y'all to throw such a bash! I think your family rocks if they can pull that off at Christmas! WoooHOOO!